Monday, July 24, 2006

New Blog for Cabrillo Encaustic Class


Today we had show and tell, not really critiques. We all looked at the work that has been produced in the Cabrillo Arts Encaustic Class for the first week. Same instruction, same demos, same paints. Everyone does completely different work. I've seen this happen over and over, whether I'm the teacher or the student. Everybody gets the same info and equipment, and it all comes out with each individual's expression. How cool is that?
It ocurred to me that it would be great for us to all have community around our Summer of Wax experience. We all have great resources to share, etc. etc. So I've been telling them all about Blogging and how much I love it. Tonite I set up a Blog for all of them. Each one of them can contribute. Roberta within minutes put up a post with fabulous paper sources. Ahh, the power of Blogging! So here goes another experiment....I give you Wax Max.

A great photo I received today from Rose Sellery at the Cabrillo Gallery. The best darn photo of Dotty Stripes ever!

8 comments:

Kim Tyler said...

I agree, the best photo ever of the most beautiful woman ever, still a knockout after all these years! How lucky am I to be the one to share your life??!!

Eileen P. Goldenberg said...

Hey, you are the best, dotty and stripes, yes great pic. Your class was very fun, when we take it on the road, watch out.
Butch Wax

Taradharma said...

great photo, yes! you are having soooo much fun with this class - and spreading the magic of blogging. Kudos.

Cyndy Goldman said...

D...
You're lookin glowingly gorgeous! Your blogging magic captured me too. Just think you've initiated 24 more just like that! oy, 24 -- still can't believe it. Look forward to hearing more.

KatieMoe said...

Daniella,

That really is a great photo...really speaks to your terrific energy and joy.

I see a future piece with cut-ups of blogging journaling...

your world wide web of wax!

Kathleen

Taradharma said...

okay, you and your sweetheart might kill me too, but I've tagged the both of you on my blog. I figure you're too busy with teaching and she's up in Washington, so by the time you actually see me again your rage may have cooled to a rolling boil....

Elsie Borden said...

it's a new week, the wax goddess has left us. guess i'll move on to paper arts.......

Judy Vars said...

Hi Dotty Stripes,
I also work with encaustic wax and have taken a workshop from Eva Marie and plan to take another from Danielle at RF later this month and then I will be demonstrating at the Alaska State Fair. I love your blog and want to be a part of this network of artists who love encaustics, can I add you to my blog?

Judy Vars