Friday, December 08, 2006

Pen Fetish

pentelcolor brush :: uniball vision exact :: pilot varsity

This morning as I wrote my morning pages, with all my pens before me (in the Eileen Goldenberg "laptop" tradition), I decided that it would be really fun to try them all out. One pen per page, then shred them-as usual. Then I'll put them in bags and mark which pen did what. I think I'm pretty much going of the anal deep end here, but isn't that my job?

My Ikea Bed accoutrements...stripes of course, and Cy Twombley imposter. It's a black and white world up here on Whidbey, with a bit of Dorothy Caldwell. I reread an article about her in the Surface Design Magazine this morning, Winter 2005 issue. An issue I look at over and over with some of my faves:
  • Howardena Pindell
  • Amy Orr
  • Marian Biljenga
  • Marianne Lovink
I am Lovink them all!

No comments: