Sunday, January 15, 2006

Transfers onto wax: Saral and Carbon Papers


Yesterday I taught another Encaustic Workshop. All my students did beautiful work, and inspired me, yet again! One of the things I "taught them" was transfers, using xerox, saral and carbon papers. They used the saral and carbon papers in ways I hadn't thought of. When we fused the carbon paper, it did lovely things to the line and changed the quality a bit in unpredictable ways. Here in a very small way, and a little out of focus is how the carbon and saral reacted after being fused. I want to experiment further especially with the carbon paper.

the thin straight black lines got a bit runny and expanded
this is only about 3 x 4 inches

white saral on the left, black midnight carbon with cool graphics


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear/read the step-by-step process you used to get the image onto the wax? I wish I could take your workshop, but until then...

Thank you much!

Daniella Woolf said...

We are working on a step by step book !