Sunday, July 24, 2011

Encaustic Workshop in Sydney at Parkers

 Sophie Gralton's work
Whoa-hold your horses. This was one energetic group. I couldn't even get through the intros. These artists are ravenous for encaustic information, and started firing technical questions from minute one. It was great to go with the flow-in fact it was quite fun. The majority of participants were exhibiting working artists with large studios. They were hungry for the information, the R and F method and their fine products. I wish I had 5 days with them. Here is a peek at the work and participants.
Our host, Derek Parker of Parkers Fine Art Supplies is beyond fantastic, and provided us with Encauticbord, imported dove-tailed cradled panels and unbelievable French handmade paper from Moulin de Larroque, etc.etc. Derek is all about the finest quality.
Kim has become the consummate assistant, quietly keeping the medium flowing and being over-the-top terrific. Her blog today on Learning Aussie Lingo is hilarious. Getting to know the language here has been so much fun. It is simply gooorgeous and brilliant!

4 comments:

Trace Willans said...

I would have loved to have been there. I tried for R&F but it was full. I love working with wax

Anonymous said...

in my twitter to be able to fulfill one sound. Only I need that you accept me and nothing more, am grateful for it to you of heart.
mi twitter is http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/karinaaguirre7
plase tell yours friends

business alarms said...

Sounds fulfilling indeed.

Valentin Gaston "El Toro" Ciminieri 7 said...

that a good blog! I love it!
Where are you from?
I'm from Argentina (South America), I am a young player, I would like to someday play in the big leagues ...:)
Come by my blogger
greetings!