Monday, June 04, 2007

Today in Kansas City

Today I began my post conference workshop with Pat Hodson. The class is called Fusion: Laminated Collage-Digital Print-Encaustic Collage. This has been one thrilling adventure in studio time doing collage plus working in photoshop in the digital studio at KCAI.

Pat Hodson from the UK
our spacious studio with Pat showing us the translucent prints
my first collage of the day
half of the digital studio-the other half has 12 more iMacs

Dear friend Juana (and proud owner of Beauty At My Feet ) met me at the H and R Block Artspace to see the SDA member's show. We said hi and bye to She Had A Lotta Backbone, who will be traveling till 2010!
She Had A Lotta Backbone
18" x 46" encaustic sewn collage

here's the other side
detail of the side with text
We met Craig, Juana's fiance
(and the other proud owner of Beauty at My Feet)
at Oklahoma Joes BBQ. This was absolutely
THE best BBQ I've ever had.
Thanks for the marvelous treat, you two!

the happy couple
soon to marry on 07-07-07





1 comment:

laura_b said...

Hiya DD

don't know if you will still be In Kansas City on June 9th ... that's the day the new Stephen Holl addition to Nelson Atkins Museum of Art opens

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/06/arts/design/06nels.html

xo LBL